Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, we support your recycling of pop tabs for the benefit of our program and value this donor activity by many community groups and individuals in and around Tampa Bay. Please bring your tabs to one of our three Houses for recycling, or if it’s more convenient, you may take them to your nearest recycler and have them issue us a check. If you have questions about recycling for RMH, please contact Alison Barrick at (813) 258-6430, ext. 2.
Print Out Pop Tab Labels for Collection Containers Here
Pennies from the Heart Labels
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tampa Bay has built a partnership with national recycling companies to recycle and give back. This unique fundraising program will generate revenue for the Ronald McDonald House and also help your company protect the environment.
If you currently recycle we can meet the price and still give back. If you don’t recycle, it’s not too late to help make a difference. Are you not sure what to do or how to start? For business paper shredding, please call Brenda Goodwin at Secure On-Site Shredding at 877-974-7337. For business recycling, call Jason LeBlanc at Conex Recycling at 813-919-0340 or toll free 1-866-try-conex. For paper recycling, call Billy LeBlanc – St. Pete Recycling at 727-278-5293.
Paper Recycling – Flash Facts 1
Paper Recycling – Flash Facts 2
Bin Agreement & Application
McDonald’s owner/operators and employees are very involved with the Ronald McDonald House in our area. They provide for approximately 30% of our operating budget through canister collections, in-restaurant promotions, and store fundraisers. The other 70% comes from community support and special events. But, as a not-for-profit with four houses and a $3.2 million annual budget, we rely on the community to help provide for our pediatric families.
Charity Navigator recommends that a non-profit organization not exceed 25% of its income for administrative and fundraising costs. We are very proud of the fact that the Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay consistently averages 10-17% annually for our combined fundraising and administration expenses.
Donation box collections go directly to Ronald McDonald House to help keep our doors open for pediatric families and help with operational costs such as electricity, water, food, paper products, etc.
The Ronald McDonald House of Tampa Bay serves families that reside approximately an hour’s drive and are seeking medical treatment for their child at bay area pediatric health care facilities. Exceptions are made on a case by case basis.
Yes. Individuals and groups of 10 or less may schedule a tour of the Ronald McDonald House by contacting each House (see bottom of page for contact information). Tours are conducted between the hours of 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
To qualify to stay in one of our Houses, a family may be referred or verified by a hospital social worker, nurse, physician or medical staff.
Our Houses have private bedrooms and baths. Rooms can accommodate up to four people. The Houses also have kitchens with a fully-stocked pantry, dining room and laundry facilities, as well as indoor and outdoor recreation areas.
Families are asked to donate what they can towards their stay and is completely voluntary. The actual cost for maintaining each room is $80 per night.
Families are welcome to stay as long as they meet eligibility criteria and space is available in the house. Families needing to stay long term will meet with the House Manager after 30 days to discuss their continuing needs.
Families come to us via their own transportation or through special arrangements and sponsorships from outside groups.
Questions Asked by Kids
Although McDonald’s generously donates coffee supplies, breakfast foods and some other items in bulk, we rely on moms, dads, school groups, local restaurants and friends like you to provide meals.
Yes, we have many board and computer games to provide quality family time away from the hospital. We even have special gifts for our young residents.