Did You Know?
- RMHC now has local chapters in more than 62 countries and regions around the world
- More than $200 million has been collected through RMHC Donation Boxes
- RMHC programs can be found in 78% of the world’s best children’s hospitals
- Every year, RMHC helps nearly 9 million families stay together
Our Relationship with McDonald’s
McDonald’s is our Mission Partner since 1974!
From the moment the doors opened at the first Ronald McDonald House in Philadelphia, PA, the McDonald’s system including owner/operators, suppliers, employees and customers, have called our mission their own. For 40 years, the entire system has opened its hearts to us, providing invaluable support and fueling our growth from one House helping a few families into a multi-national network of family-centered programs serving more than seven million children and families annually.
Today, we are stronger than ever due in large part to the continued outpouring of resources from our Mission Partner, McDonald’s. Their unwavering support, extending from monetary contributions to volunteerism; from board participation to media donations, has helped us impact countless lives by giving children support, stability and the best medicine of all – their families.
Although the McDonald’s system is our largest corporate partner, RMHC of Tampa Bay is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation and no one company can solely fund the growth of RMHC programs and services necessary to serve more families. We also rely on the support of the entire community and greatly value any donations you can afford to RMHC, whether it’s through cash and/or in-kind contributions, your time or fundraising efforts.
Changing the lives of children and their families thanks to the generosity of these corporate sponsors:
- Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Casper’s Company
- FRSCPA – Certified Public Accountants
- Image First Healthcare Laundry Specialists
- Tampa General Hospital
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Tampa
- Shriners Hospital
RMHC & the Medical Community
Helping to reach access to health care around the world
In order to improve the health and wellbeing of children around the world, RMHC relies on strong partnerships with the medical community – relationships that have been nurtured and have grown since 1974. Because of this, we can address health care needs for children and families through:
- Our four Ronald McDonald Houses serving four Tampa Bay children’s hospitals
- Local clinic service providers who partner with the Ronald McDonald Care Mobile
- Grants to other non-profit organizations that also serve children
Medical professionals contribute to RMHC in a variety of different ways:
- They provide space within All Children’s Hospital for our Central RMH
- They assist with operating costs and donations of in-kind services
- They volunteer their time and services on our Ronald McDonald Care Mobile and help out at our houses
It’s this kind of critical support that enables us to expand our program capacity and help change children’s lives.