The Ronald McDonald House is a “home-away-from-home” for families of children being treated in local hospitals. There are three houses in St. Petersburg and one in Tampa. Last year 1,761 families stayed at the House and came from Florida, 37 other states and 22 other countries. Families are asked to contribute to their stay, but we never turn anyone away because of financial reasons.
We encourage youth to volunteer either at the Ronald McDonald House or in the community.
Here are some ways your class can help!
- Collect items from our WISH LIST such as canned goods, or cleaning supplies through your church, school, club, or youth group.
- Prepare individual snack bags for families to take to the hospital. These could include pre-packaged nuts, crackers, cookies or trail mix.
- Collect “Pennies from the Heart” in your classroom, scout meeting, home or club.
- Collect pop tabs or recycle cans and take them to your local recycling center for cash.
- Do a Paper Goods drive to collect paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, styrofoam cups and napkins.
Activity List for 6-14 year olds
Pennies from the Heart Labels (print out and put on your own container – or contact us for special coin collection houses.)
Pop Tab Labels (print out and put on your own container – we no longer have the cardboard houses)